Type of Publication: Article in Collected Edition
Visualizing Variability in Business Process Variant Models
- Eicker, Stefan; Schuler, Peter M.
- Weghorn, H.; Azevedo, L.; Isaías, P.
- Title of Anthology:
- Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference Applied Computing 2011
- Rio de Janeiro, Brasilien
- Publication Date:
- Business process management, Visualization, Variant management, Re-use
- Link to complete version:
- Download BibTeX
In the area of business process management, mastering variability is as important as handling re-use. This paper presents
an approach for annotating business process model activities with variant indicating attachments. Thereby, maintaining
business process variant models will become more convenient since the modeler gets presented alternatives for the
current business process model on the basis of an underlying reference process model – but without the complexity of
reference modeling itself. The presented annotation is independent of a distinct process modeling notation and works
across several views of business processes.